Re: Asteroids didn't kill dinosaurs, scientists say

That doesn't really indicate that the asteroid wasn't responsible.
Regardless of what may have been occurring at the time, the dinosaurs
may have survived it.  The asteroid was (apparently) still the final
blow.

It seems a coincidence that all this should happen within a short
geological timeframe.  Does this give credence to the dark companion
theory for the Sun?  The theory provides for a dark companion to
disrupt the Oort cloud, bombarding the inner solar system with various
debris.  Not being a geologist, I would think periodic bombardment
could lead to this sort of climatic disruption if over a short enough
time period.

Just a thought.

-Randy

--