Re: Subject: Bird hibernation/torpor

John Bois wrote:

> No.  I am arguing against the notion that ostriches falsify my idea
> because they are big, non-stealthy egg layers.

ah, thank you.
If, as you propose, dinosaurs were subject to INTENSE mammalian
predation (parasitizism?) of their eggs, how is it that of all the
clutches of eggs preserved as they have been, we haven't caught any
mammals in the act?  Many eggs sites were buried intact and nearly
instanteously, yet egg fossils are either intact or already damaged.
Shouldn't the high number of predation you propose show up with at least
SOME fossil mammals caught inflagrante delecto?

--
           Betty Cunningham
mail e-mail replies to bettyc@flyinggoat.com