Re: Extinction theory

On Sat, 29 Mar 1997, Larry wrote:

> Seriously, enough already about why they're gone.  That's the one thing
> we know 100% for sure about them, right (except the dinobirds)?  Why not
> focus on how they lived?

And this should tell us why they died.

This "event" has tons of repercussions for evolutionary theory (which
we're all interested in, right?).  Punctuated Eq. v. gradualism;
stochasticism vs. adaptationism; the very nature of extinction is
interesting and still really, in terms of what is known, an open field.