A request!! (was Re: besides mamenschisaurus)

At 02:59 PM 5/1/97 -0500, Mark Summer wrote:

>> On Wed, 10 Jan 1996 17:20:56 -0800 enrique writes:
>> I don't actually have the book, but the description sounds suspiciously
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> like the mounting found in the atrium of the American Museum of Natural
>> History in New York City.  Is the Mamenchisaurus  (identified as
>> Barosurus in the museum's display) rearing up to defend itself and its
>> offspring from the theropod?  If it is, then it's the same display.  In
>> this case, the theropod is _Allosaurus_ (fragillis?).
>
>The Barosaurus in NYC is actually a Mamenchisarus?  Now I'm -really-
>confused.

No.

No no no.  No!

NO!!

A suggestion for dinosaur list members: if you do NOT have the specific
information requested, do NOT respond to the question!!  It will reduce the
total amount of line noise and confusion.

(I am dreading seeing somewhere on the net that Barosaurus is now considered
a junior synonmym of Mamenchisaurus, which is certainly not the case... :-S )

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661