Re: The (ugh!) "Voyager" dino-show...

On Thu, 1 May 1997 dunn1@IDT.NET wrote:

> >     This is a bit harsh. Let's look at some of the positive features of
> > this episode.
> (snip)
> >     Sure, there was dumbing-down and hokeyness;
>
> This is true.  Television is stupid no matter how you slice it, being
> engineered for the lowest common denominator in order to sell
> products (that is, of course, the only reason (American) television
> is on the air).  So if anything on television stimulates any aspect
> of your brain whatsoever, consider it a monumental achievement.
>
> Ever the optimist,
>

> Larry
> "Very funny, Scotty.  Now beam down my clothes."

        There is nothing even remotely stimulating or monumental about
any of the Star Trek shit.  The hole evolutionary concept that all races
stemmed from humanoid-like ancestors is so innanely stupid--a bad excuse
for cheap stage cosmetics.  If you are gonna do dinos on TV at least get
their classification right.  I hate trekkies.