Re: Chicxulub crater

At 08:14 PM 5/1/97 EDT, jamolnar@juno.com wrote:
>...  I've come across a 1994
>reference which refers to a 1960s well drilling into the Chicxulub
>{spelling?} crater that is interpreted as showing it can't be an
>impact crater of any kind.  ...  The crater is also shown to be the
>wrong time, with late Cretaceous sediments overlying the actual
> depression.
>
>Is there any other post -1994 reference that refutes or confirms
>these findings?

Not that I have ever seen, and I have been watching for either.

In earlier discussions here somebody pointed out how the appearance of
intact latest Cretaceous sediments overlying the crater could be produced.

Thus, it remains, to my mind, undetermined what it is.

If anybody knows of an article on this that I missed - *please* post a
summary and reference here!

                                          sfriesen@netlock.com