Re: Herrerrasaurus the Herrerrasaur

At 11:32 AM 1/11/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Tracy Ford wrote:
>
>> Excusse me? Herrasaur is name AFTER Herrerasaurus, so Herrasaurus is and
always will be a Herrarasaur.
>That's right. But herrerasaurus is no longer a member ov the orden
>Herrerasauria. Because herrerasauria dissapeared, and Herrerasaurus
>bacem a theropod.

Or so recent publications might lead you to believe...

For an alternative hypothesis, try:

Holtz, T.R., Jr. and K. Padian. 1995.  Definition and diagnosis of Theropoda
and related taxa.  Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 15 (Supplement to 3):35A.

(The paper version of this is still in preparation).

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661