Maniraptoriformes (was Re: Herrerrasaurus the Herrerrasaur)

>Hmmm....I guess your'e right. But when you mentioned theropodomorpha,
>what are the diffesences between maniraptora and maniraptoriformes?
>(Don't ask me how theropodomorpha could make me think about maniraptora)

Maniraptora Gauthier 1986: birds and all theropods sharing a more recent
common origin with birds than with Ornithomimus.

Maniraptoriformes Holtz 1996: all descendants of the most recent common
ancestor of birds and Ornithomimus.

(and, for completeness)

Arctometatarsalia Holtz 1994: Ornithomimus and all theropods sharing a more
recent common origin with Ornithomimus than with birds.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661