Re: When Struthiomimus is tired of running......

At 02:54 PM 1/11/96 -0800, DinosØMP wrote:
>I've made a drawing (yes it's me whith my drawings....) of a
>Struthiomimus, defending it's two young agaont a pair of Dromaeosaurus,
>by slashing powerfull kicks after them. Could Struthiomimus really have
>scared away, hurted or been anle to kill a Dromaeosaurus?

Well, it might do better than one would expect.  Most carnivores tend to be
a bit on the cautious side, except in extremis.  And the living
_Struthiomimus_ mimic packs one whale of a kick - it is literally deadly,
so the original probably could do a fair job of kicking as well.

Between these two factors, holding off a single dromaeosaur might be a real
possibility.  Two is, however, pushing it.  (Not to say that a brooding
mother wouldn't *try* - odds don't always matter to such).

                                          sfriesen@netlock.com