Re: I. orientalis

I had the opportunity to view the skull of the "big-nosed Asian
iguanodontid" while in Arizona last spring. IMHO, reconstructions showing
the strongly-arched nasals are incorrect; the skull is a pancake, and
crushing has severely distorted its outline. While the nasals are
more-than-likely still arched to some degree, I do not think it is anywhere
*near* as much as is generally assumed and illustrated.

Brian (franczak@ntplx.net)