Face-biting in ALLOSARUS?

> Dr. Philip Currie and I writing a paper on face/head-biting behavior in
large carnivorous dinosaurs. We have numerous tyrannosaur specimens showing
healed or healing pathological lesions. Literature reviews would indicate
ALLOSAURUS also shows healed cranial injuries incurred during intra-
interspecific biting, yet the material we have examined indicates otherwise.

> So is the literature wrong? A perpetual myth? Have any of our collegues
seen or can demonstrate healed or healing cranial trauma in ALLOSAURUS or
allosaurids generally.

> Please reply offline.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Darren Tanke

Darren Tanke
Technician I, Dinosaur Research Program
Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology, Box 7500
Drumheller, Alberta, Canada. T0J 0Y0
             and
Senior Editor on the:
Annotated Bibliography of Paleopathology, Dento-Osteopathy and Related Topics
11,364 citations as of March 7, 1997.
Visit our bibliography homepage at: http://dns.magtech.ab.ca/dtanke
Can you help with this ongoing project? Email me at: dtanke@dns.magtech.ab.ca