Re: Dilophosaurus again

At 05:26 PM 5/4/97 -0500, Joe Daniel wrote:
>I know this thread is a bit old but I am WAY behind on my email.
>Anyway, Dlophosaurus sounds to me like a fisher.  Can someone tell me
>what environments they are thought to have lived in?  Is this even
>plausible?

Well, most of the formations in the area where it was found and from that
general time are of fairly arid habitat.  Much of the sedimentary rocks
from there and then is aeolian sand (that is sand dunes).  I am not sure
exactly which formation _Dilophosaurus_ was found in, but a predominantly
fish-eating habit seems unlikely for so large an animal in such an
relatively dry environment.

                                          sfriesen@netlock.com