[Fwd: Re: PROBLEMS WITH WEISHAMPEL _ET_ HEINRICH'S HYPSILOPHODONT PAPER]

--- Begin Message ---
Tetanurae@aol.com wrote:

> Weishampel, D B, and Heinrich, R E.  1992.  Systematics of Hypsilophodontidae
> and Basal Iguanodontia (Dinosauria: Ornithopoda).  Historical Biology 6:
> 159-184.
>
> And after going through it quite a few times, I am utterly amazed at the weak
> support for most of their conclusions of systematics within the
> Hypsilophodontidae.

Rod Sheetz of the Mus. of West. Colo. is completing a Ph.D. under Jack
Horner and has concluded that hyplilophodontids are a grade and not a
clade.
  Anyways, does anyone have any comments on my critique?  And does
> anyone know what a cingulum is?

A cingulum is a a ridge or swelling arown the base of the enamel crown
of the tooth.

Jim K.

--- End Message ---