Re: Fictitious Dinosaurs in various visual (and non-visual) media

<<  Considering
 that, after nearly fifty years of movie-going and TV watching, I have yet to
 see a scientifically accurate movie or TV program (2001: A Space Odyssey
 tried and came close), I'd say this would be a difficult proposition to
 prove. >>

Sadly, I have a feeling that the general public would not understand or
appreciate scientific accuracy.  There is a lack of scientific literacy out
there and few of the general public have any idea about any scientific
concept beyond the very basic.  Part of this can be traced to the fact that
many science teachers do not have an extensive background in science.  At my
school, only 2 of 6 science teachers actually have degrees in any scientific
field.

Secondly, science teachers are required to cover so much ground that nothing
gets covered in any detail.  I am given the course of study and told to cover
it by the end of the year.  I am expected to cover the entirety of Human
Anatomy and Physiology in 7 weeks. I could spend the entire year on the
topic, but, due to scheduling, I have less than one week to cover each
system.

We have a lot of work to do, and very limited resources to work with...

Perhaps someday science will get the attention it deserves.  Until then, I do
my best.

Regards,

Walt