Re: Hadrosaur defense.

> Michael wrote:
>
> > How can you know that a hadrosaur's tail wasn't heavy?  How much
> > flesh, etc filled the bone out.  And being a long time karate
> > disciple, much power can come from the hips.  The end of the tail
> > could have been traveling at quite a speed.  Just some musings from
> > someone with more questions than answers.
>
> I don't care how much the tail weights, it's just like a sail, placed at
> the wrong direction.
>

> -DinosOMP

Seriously, put a broom between your legs with your right foot
forward and slightly bent at the knee with your left leg extended
behind you.  Now turn your hips 90 degrees counterclockwise so the
left foot is forward and the right extended behind you.  Check out
the end of the broom handle and imagine it weighs 500 to 1000 lbs.
Even if it weighs less, it is going to have some energy.  Still, just
imagining and wondering.

As always, this is only an opinion, subject to
retraction and recall without notice, and with
due respect to others opinions.

Thanks,

Michael Teuton MD