Re: LOST WORLD STEGOSAUR IS *AWFUL*

> Date:          Mon, 12 May 1997 12:26:22 +0100 (BST)
> From:          "Darren Naish" <dwn194@soton.ac.uk>
> To:            dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject:       LOST WORLD STEGOSAUR IS *AWFUL*

> > p.p.s.  Tomorrow, I see THE LOST WORLD.
>
> Well, good for you Kel. Have fun. I've just seen (in _Premiere_ magazine)
> photos
> of the LW _Stegosaurus_. It does not look good - mainly because, I think, its
> tail pitches downward and virtually touches the ground. Who advised the studio
> to do _that_? I don't care what they've done at the AMNH - it's *wrong*.
> Stegosaur tails do _not_ pitch downward!

Well, I'm no "girl dino writer", but I have seen the trailer for the
show and the tail in question sticks straight out with, in fact,  a
bit of an upward curl in the tail spikes.  It is far far from the
ground and held parallel to it  (I am looking at it, paused on
videotape, in the TV commercial as I write this).  Now,
if this is about some small angle  at the pelvis, you've got me on
the details, but the jist seems okey dokey, smokey.

Oh, and I think there's a Pliosaur, a really big one, in the show.
It eats a submarine (shhh Kel . . .)

Larry

"The little man went up and down
To find an eating place in town