Re: LW STEGOSAUR TAIL

Darren wrote:

>Why, then, is the tail parallel to the ground (i.e. anatomically correct)
>in the
>film, but sloping toward the ground (i.e. anatomically incorrect) in the
>_Premiere_ shots?

I wonder if they made a physical model for the photo shoots and perhaps
originally for some movie scenes, but used computer graphics for the
animals in the movie. I heard a talk on the computer graphics of Jurassic
Park a couple of years ago, and they said they started with models, but
shifted to computer graphics because the technology advanced as they worked
on the film. The model could have been a leftover on the lot.

Jeff Hecht