Re: Spinosaurus/Lost World

> I seem to remember a lizard that lives in the desert, and when the sand is
> very hot, it will first lift the right forelimb and the left hind limb in
> the air, balancing on the left forelimb and right hindlimb, and then after
> a while switch.  Seems like a pretty good balancing act to me.  Darned if
> I can remember the critter's name, though.

    I've observed this behavior in the lizard genera  _Eremias_ in Iran and
Pakistan and
_Cnemidophorus_ in southwestern USA.

----
                                             -= Tuck =-
                                          tuckr@digital.net
    | Visit the Astronaut Memorial Planetarium & Observatory            |
    |Web Page at http://www.brevard.cc.fl.us/~planet/                        |