REPTILES (was: Re: Spinosaurus/Lost World)

Bruce Thompson wrote:
<<But pliosaurs aren't dinosaurs, but true reptiles, aren't they?>>

Well....  Dinosaurs are true reptiles, but then again so are birds....  I
believe Reptilia is cldistically defined as (+Turtles, +Crocs, +Lepidosaurs).
 So dinosaurs and pliosaurs (I believe) and birds are reptiles.  Pliosaurs,
are however not dinosaurs, just as dinosaurs aren't pliosaurs.

Peter Buchholz
Tetanurae@aol.com

"I'd like to think that they were singing about something so beautiful it
can't be expressed in words; and it makes your heart ache because of it."