RE: KICKING HADROSAURS

Stan Friesen wrote:

> And I rather suspect that hadrosaurs had a pretty mean kick.

Hmm... I'm not so sure about this. It seems to me that kicking as a defense
will only work if the predator is *directly* behind its prey. Extant prey
animals that kick (zebra, etc.) to defend themselves in the chase do so by
kicking *straight back*, the predator being right on their tail. In
hadrosaurs, the tail is the problem (for the predator). They cannot be
approached from directly behind because there is a *huge* ungainly tail
blocking that angle of attack.

Brian (franczak@ntplx.net)