hadrosaur tails

"...a huge tail blocking that angle of attack"
As a throwaway  (no pun intended, i didn't even notice until I typed
that),  could hadrosaurs have had an analog to the tails of geckos, etc,
where the tails are detachable, thus distracting predators and allowing
the animal to escape?  The tail in geckos and other lizards with
detachable tails grows back eventually, although it's not usually as
graceful as the original.  The tail stiffening tendons would indicate
that their tails were NOT detachable, but I'm not sure if they  (the
tendons)  absolutely preclude this possibility.  Just more gasoline on
this fire...
-zenlizard

Why is it that YOU refuse to admit that I'M paranoid?