Re: T. rex skeletons

jamolnar@juno.com wrote:

> How many individual remains of T. rex  are there currently known?  The
> last tally I have is 15, with the 15th partial skeleton coming from
> Saskatchewan in 1994.  Are there any more? Thanks!

Judy, this is some research I did for a piece in Highlights for
Children.  There may be one or two more recent finds as well, but I hope
it's helpful.

*kel

Catalog of Tyrannosaurus rex Discoveries

Year      Dig Locale          Museum or Repository          Percentage
found

1850's    Montana        unknown                  trace (teeth & jaw)
1900      Wyoming        British Museum, London        13%
1902      Montana        Carnegie Museum, Pittsburgh   50%
1908      Montana        American Museum of NH         45%
1946      Alberta        Royal Tyrrell, Canada         20%
1966      Montana        Los Angeles County Museum     25%
1966      Montana        Los Angeles County Museum     12%
1967      Montana        Museum of the Rockies         40% of skull only
1980      S. Dakota      School of Mines               25%
1981      Alberta        Royal Tyrrell, Canada         25%
1981      Montana        Museum of the Rockies         15%
1983      New Mexico          New Mexico Museum of NH  unknown
1988      Montana        Museum of the Rockies         80%
1990      S. Dakota      BHI / Federal Government 95%
1992      S. Dakota      Black Hills Institute              65%
1992      S. Dakota      Private Collector/Kansas      unknown
1993      N. Dakota      Bowman College           10% (or less)
1993      N. Dakota      Dakota Dinosaur Museum        10%
1993      S. Dakota      Black Hills Institute              25%
1993      Colorado       Denver Museum of N.H.         10%
1994      Saskatchewan   Royal Saskatchewan Museum     50% +
1994      Montana        University of Wisconsin       30%
1994      S. Dakota      Black Hills Institute              unknown