Re: LAMBEOSAUR CLASSIFICATION

On Sun, 18 May 1997, Jack Frost wrote:
> Peter Buchholz wrote:
>> Yes, in your opinion... Almost nothing is known of _Bactrosaurus_' skull,
>> which is really what is diagnostic about lambeosaurs past deciding if they
>> are lambeosaurs or hadrosaurs.  _Tsintaosaurus_ on the other hand has a
>> fairly good skull, and associated postcrania.
>
> I didn't think we were talking about well-known in the excessively small
>scientific community.  I know for sure I was talking about well known to
>the general public.  Bactrosaurus is much more recognizable name to
>people like me who just like dinosaurs.  I don't know and couldn't care
>less what "postcrania" means because you just pulled it out of thin
>air.  The word is not germane to this topic, and is only found in your
>message so you can sound impressive.
> This is exactly what I was referring to with my comment about stuffy
>Ivy League people.  You use big words so people think you know what
>you're talking about, but I seriously doubt you do.

PostCrania - Post, as in "after", Crania, as in "cranium" or head.
referring to remains after the head.

Easily decipherable (hope that word isn't too big for you) to even someone
just starting high scholl - such as yourself.

BTW, please learn to use a return key so your posts are readable. Ask your
parents for help.

+----------+    Rich Travsky   RTRAVSKY @ UWYO . EDU
+----------+    http://w3.uwyo.edu/~rtravsky/