Occasional Administrative Posting

        (Depositing $0.02)
        In light of the recent flame wars, inappropriate postings and general
questions, I would like to make a suggestions that I have seen used on another
E-Mail list. Every month or so, the list owner posts a standard message of
administravia. It contains a brief description of what is acceptable on the
list, how to unsubscribe, where the archives are located, etc. Inevitably,
subscribers lose that original "welcome to the list" message with this info and
it would have a subject line that seasoned subscribers would recognize and just
delete.
        This one occasional message might save a lot of junk messages that come
across.

S.H.