Re: Big raptor

At 04:13 PM 5/20/97 -0600, Caleb wrote:
>    I recently heard that a raptor claw was found that was bigger than
>Utahraptor's,and that it is now thought that the raptor to whom this claw
>belonged is a new species that was bigger than Utahraptor. Info please???

Could you be more specific?

There is a very big claw from the Late Cretaceous of Argentina, which looks
to be from a dromaeosaurid.  From Fernando Novas' presentation at the
Society of Vertebrate Paleontology meeting last year, it does seem to be
bigger than Utahraptor (marginally).  However, the measurements are not yet
published, so it is difficult to tell.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661