Re: Big raptor

At 07:16 PM 20/05/97 -0600, you wrote:
>John Schneiderman wrote:
>>
>> Possibly referring to Wyomingraptor.
>>

>Who should I contact about this Wyomingraptor?  Sounds like good
>kidstuff to me.

To find out about this, you should contact Bob Bakker.  It is his new name
for an allosaurid (but I have no idea where it would be from ;-)).  There is
a picture on the Tate (sp?) Museum's website of its arm (I don't remember
the URL).  The site was so slow when I looked, that I think I saw the arm
(looks like an Allosaurus arm, but who am I to argue) and then got angry and
left.  SOMEBODY must have the URL.  The last I heard about it, it was
possibly Allosaurus.  I have seen Dr. Holtz post here, there, and everywhere
about it, so maybe he would be a good person to ask for more information.

Is it just me, or has the name "raptor" gotten more than its fair share of
use recently?

Darryl

"the truth is, I don't really care how the dinosaurs died.
I'm interested in how they lived."  (Dr. John R. Horner,
from the Complete T.rex, 1993)
The two most common elements in the universe are
hydrogen and stupidity.
dinoguy@interlog.com
http://www.interlog.com/~dinoguy