Encyclopedia Preview

        I found this preview of the Currie and Padian (eds.) Encyclopedia of
Dinosaurs. The status shows it is due for publication this August. It sounds
like a "must-have".
        http://www.apnet.com/dinosaur/dinopen.htm

        Also, I would like to just comment on the scientific jargon used on
this
list. I am not a palaeontologist so when I subscribed, I was a little lost. I
got out the books and notated all the drawings in The Dinosauria with arrows
and
names of bones, etc. I thought it was actually fun. It was a whole other deeper
level of the  understanding of dinosaurs. Of course, some posts here still fly
over my head (like that Adam Yates one on Gondwana Oviraptors, sorry Adam).
But,
now I have a tremendous appreciation of palaeontologists and the amount of
education they must have. I hope the list remains at this high level.

S.H.