Re: First Mammal

Jeff Poling wrote:

>    Anybody happen to know if the oldest true mammal was a semi/sprawler?

Last I knew, _Morganucodon_ was supposed to be the oldest mammal with
good postcranial remains.  My references include a couple of
restorations of it as a semi-sprawler, and also a couple of restorations
of it with an upright posture something like a modern shrew.  I suppose
you pays your money and you takes your best guess. <G>

-- JSW