The Dinosauria?

> Is a new, revised edition of The Dinosauria expected/in the
> works/whatever?  I want to buy, but not a
> soon-to-be-rendered-obsolete edition.
>
> Thanks --
> Larry

        The last time Dodson and I yacked about this particular topic, he
mentioned that he had brought the subject up with Weishampel at SVP in
NYC because he had thought a 10th anniversary 2nd edition might be a good
thing.  He said that David got flustered, said he didn't even want to
talk about it right now, and changed the subject quickly.  The Dinosauria
was a monumental piece of work in the late '80s.  It is going to be even
worse this time.  I don't think they want to deal with the workload just
yet.

        Buy the 1st edition.  Incidentally, I really hate softcover books
and found that I can indeed replace my battered and worn first copy, in
hardcover, from Berkeley.  So, if you want a hardcover copy, I suspect
you can get one.

Cheers,
-Josh

--