Re: SPOILERS: LOST WORLD Errors (REALLY, don't look)

> From:          Bettyc <Bettyc@flyinggoat.com>

> > I don't believe that a pack of Virginia Slims or a Cosmo have been
> > found with the robust morph yet, so the jury's still out . . .
>
> you know there's debate, I know there's debate, HORNER knows there's
> debate, so perhaps Burke or Sara should have said something about the
> debate.

Let's not get carried away here.  It's a summer movie. Let's admit
that these are cardboard characters and that it's not particularly
fruitful to debate whether one character should have advised another
character about some current theory about sexual variation in the
Tyrannosauridae. But for the sake of argument, take another look at
the scenes in which both tyrannosaurs are shown together.  They're
both about the same size.  So I guess the fantasy here is that there
is in fact no sexual variation, or whatever.

And HORNER?  Do you mean that he should have told the effects people
to make one larger than the other?  Horner is always cited as
"technical advisor" or similar, but what good has that ever
done (except for the merciful deletion of the flicking forked tongues
from the "Raptors")?  Maybe they told him they'd do homage to his
good mother lizard theories at the price of hunting tyrannosaurs and
fantasy dilophosaurs and tiny pachycephalosaurs and huge stegosaurs
and blah blah blah.