WHERE TO LOOK FOR SKELETAL RESTORATIONS (NOT THE INTERNET....)

Enrique wrote:
<<THERE'S NOTHING MORE DIFFICULT THAN TO FIND A NEW AND GOOD DINOSAUR BOOK,
WITH LOTS OF GOOD SKELETAL DRAWINGS!!!!!!!!>>

Books are really the only place you CAN go that have fairly up to date dino
skeletal drawings that are of good resolution.  For starters try Greg Paul's
'Predatory Dinosaurs of the World' and you will get at least lateral profiles
of every theropod species known in 1988 that was complete enough to have a
drawing made.  Also try 'The Dinosaur Society's Dinosaur Encyclopedia', it's
a little on the kids side of things, but has LOTS of GSP and Tracy Ford
skeletal restorations in there.  Another place to look would be 'The
Dinosauria', though it has less drawings than one would really want.  I keep
finding this out that 'The Dinosauria' has a certain number of figures and
drawings, but exactly those that I *don't* want....

Case in point, while working at the MOR a co-volunteer was working on a
Ceratopian Vert, but we, for the life of us, could not figure out where the
vert came from because there are only about 3 drawings of Ceratopian verts in
that whole, huge, book.  It turned out to be a proximal caudal, but you get
my point......

Speaking of Ceratopians.... try Peter Dodson's new book 'The Horned
Dinosaurs', it has a lot of skeletal drawings by GSP.  Lastly, I'd
stear/stere (sp?) you to primary literature, especially for new stuff.
 There's not any book published that even mentions _Gasparinisaura_, much
less has a skeletal restoration, but JVP has a very lovely restoration.

Once again, I'm saying that you are not likely to find anything off of the
internet that is worthwhile because a) there's not much there to begin with,
b) the resolution is horribly low and c) people won't get payed for there
work.

Peter Buchholz
Tetanurae@aol.com

"I'd like to think that they were singing about something so beautiful it
can't be expressed in words; and it makes your heart ache because of it."