Dinosaur Genera List corrections #71

By now everybody has heard of the _Nature_ (May 22) article by Novas and
Puerta on the latest birdlike dinosaur _Unenlagia comahuensis_, so without
further ado, let's add it to the list as genus #805:

Unenlagia Nova & Puerta, 1997

The complete Dinosaur Genera List is now available on the web at my web site

http://members.aol.com/Dinogeorge/index.html

All the typographical codes, etc., are implemented.

Recently Dan Chure drew my attention to an article on a forthcoming dinosaur
in the Detroit News, in which the author, Laura Berman, used the names

Spieloraptor Berman, 1997 [nomen nudum]
Spielosaurus Berman, 1997 [nomen nudum]
StevenSpielodactylberg Berman, 1997 [nomen nudum]

for the as-yet-undescribed genus.

The format of my list, that I include all published names regardless of
whether they have a formal description, as long as they refer to or are
otherwise tied to real material, theoretically requires that I include this
kind of rubbish. But even I have to draw the line somewhere. As far as I'm
concerned, these names presently refer to a fictitious fossil--much like the
names coined by the Japanese crank Okamura.

For those who may be interested, the article is still available at this web
site

http://detnews.com/1997/accent/9705/08/05080071.htm