Re: Sitting down.

Office wrote:

> It has become de rigeur to paint or mount bipedal dinos in a "running"
> position: the legs in some sort of dramatic "frozen moment" position
> and  head and tail extended.
>
> One would only suppose that these poor beasts sat down sometimes.
>
> So the question is, what did they look like sitting? How did they sit?
> Is anyone aware of "sitting" portraits?
>
> Thanks.
>
> E Summer

I found a couple of pictures by Greg Paul in a book that I have. It is
titled "Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs" and it was published by Beekman House
in 1990. (ISBN 0-517-03308-9) Beautifully illustrated and well written,
it's one of my favorite books on dinosaurs. One of the pictures is a
Jurassic scene that includes an allosaurus reclining in the foreground.
I think it looks very realistic. The other picture is of a pair of
feathered deinonychus'. One is scratching its neck with its sickle claw.
I love it!
Regards,
Shane
--