Re: SPOILERS: LOST WORLD Errors (REALLY, don't look)

On Sat, 24 May 1997 16:06:32 -0600 (MDT) Rich Travsky <rtravsky@UWYO.EDU>
writes:
>> 10.  What on earth was the naval destroyer escort supposed to do?
>Possibly
>> the film's most ludicrous image....
>
>Bakker's relatives? ;)

Good one, Rich! {LOL!}

>I'm curious about how the stego managed to hit with the spike pointed
>down, when they are depicted as sideways and upish.
>

>From what i've read about the last really complete Stego skeleton found,
the spikes are supposed to point backwards and to the side on the tail.
If the Stego was leaning at the right angle, the point could be driven
down, perhaps?  What I didn't like was the swing in the tail; it looked
too slow and unnatural.  If that Stego was serious, it could've pivoted
on its two back legs *while* swinging the tail and really pack a wallop,
and fast!  I wonder if that is physically possible?  If it isn't, and
Stego is that slow with its tail, the rexes would've had Stego steaks for
dinner.

Has anyone addressed another point?  If all these dinosaurs are mixing in
from different parts of the Mesozoic, and some are better adapted to some
predators than others, why wouldn't all but a few herbivores be wiped
out?  I mean, all the Stegos should be gone, since the raptors (who they
never evolved with) would just mop them up!

Judy Molnar
vlmed@juno.com
jamolnar@juno.com