[Fwd: Re: Dino movies -- Just a modest suggestion...]

Dinosaur Central
http://www.users.interport.net/~dinosaur
Member of The Paleo Ring

Summer
http://www.users.interport.net/~dinosaur/teefr.html
Book Three of the Teddy Trilogy. Member of The Author Ring.

Laser Publishing Group
Planetarium Station, Box 502-DIG, NY, NY 10024-0502
--- Begin Message ---
A Dinotopia movie has been in and out of production for about 4 or 5
years now. For a time, the rights were owned by Jim Henson Productions,
and that company may still hold all or part of them.

ILM was mentioned at one time as the producer of the special FX, but
lately, there hasn't been much buzz on this project which would be
incredibly expensive to pull off!

You might check the DIG dinomovie page from time to time and see if
there has been any news.

Dave Hardenbrook wrote:

> With all this talk about _Jurassic Park_/_Lost World_ I have a suggestion --
> Why don't they take all those great dinosaur effects they can do and make
> a movie of _Dinotopia_?  Such a film, I think, could serve to both present
> dinosaurs in a favorable rather than nightmarish light, and would also be
> suitable for children...
>
> Just a suggestion... :)
>
>                              -- Dave

Dinosaur Central
http://www.users.interport.net/~dinosaur
Member of The Paleo Ring

Summer
http://www.users.interport.net/~dinosaur/teefr.html
Book Three of the Teddy Trilogy. Member of The Author Ring.

Laser Publishing Group
Planetarium Station, Box 502-DIG, NY, NY 10024-0502

--- End Message ---