Re: About Spielberg, THE LOST WORLD and bitter people.

On Tue, 27 May 1997, Steven S. Lazarus wrote:

> Luis Rey wrote via Mickey Rowe:
>
> >thing... But defending or justifying (even more, scientifically defending
> >or justifying) Spielberg's movies is something different altogether. I'm
> >all for cynicism and criticism about pseudo-science... Even if it is not a
> >crowd pleasing attitude.
>
> No! No! No! No! No! I'm all for cynicism?!! What are you saying?!! Anyone
> who would promote cynicism as a healthy response is clearly suffering from
> some sort of soul-sickness.

"...Realism is often called cynicism by those who have not got
it..."---Somebody  who's buried deep in my .sig collection.

I think you are confusing cynicism with a healthy and robust skepticism
Steve....
Given the inevitable spin the popular media puts on just about any subject
these days, particularily science, all in the name of "punching up their
lines", I'm skeptical and examining of everything they put in front of me,
particularily when it comes to scientific matters.

Rose is a really nice color, but some things look better in their natural
shades...

---Steve