Re: Cooperative Behavior and Crows

At 02:25 PM 5/27/97 -0400, Office wrote:
>Isn't it possible that there were organized vocalizations?  Crows, if
>you've watched them, can cooperatively do all sorts of amazing
>things.

This seems quite possible to me.  Both crocodiles and living birds make use
of social vocalizations.  So, by the phylogenetic bracket method, one can
postulate similar behavior in dinosaurs.  (Admittedly the social structure
in crocs is fairly simple, but it is there).

Also, the structure of the crests in lambeosaurs strongly indicates the
importance of vocalization, at least in that particular group.

                                          sfriesen@netlock.com