Re: Herbivore protection

In a message dated 97-05-28 03:01:37 EDT, sarima@ix.netcom.com (Stanley
Friesen) writes:

<< >Might it not just be possible that quadrupedal hadrosaurs could
 >simply
 >outrun bipedal theropods over long distances? ...

 I rather suspect that hadrosaurs were only quadrupedal in *slow*
 locomotion, as when feeding or migrating.  Based on their anatomy, when
 greater speed was called for I suspect they pulled their arms back and ran
 bipedally. >>

I know that speed estimates based solely on fossilized remains and (rare)
trackways is a bit dicey at best, but that not withstanding...are there any
speed estimates for hadrosaurs vis-a-vis large therapods such as T-Rex?  Are
the considered on average to be faster, more gracile, etc?  (I would assume
perhaps not, but who knows?)