Re: Some data (was Re: Herbivore protection)

On May 28,  8:32am, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:

> Depending on the method used, the ratio of tyrannosaurids to all
> ornithischians (hadrosaurids and ceratopsids, predominantly) range from 1:5
> (well within the ectothermic predator:prey ratios) to 1:511 (which would be
> very low even for an endothermic predator:prey ratio).

>-- End of excerpt from Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.

It's worth bearing in mind that carnivore/herbivore ratios are not necessarily
the same as predator/prey ratios - carnivores that feed exclusivly on
herbioveres are rare - I can't think of any for certain, but I can think of
several carnivores that feed exclusively on carnivores..

Tony Canning
tonyc@foe.co.uk