Re: dinosaur upland faunas?

I was under the impression that Pachycephalosaurs were considered possible
upland species.  The scarcity of non-skull material, and the weathered
condition of many skulls, has been taken as evidence that the Pachys were
not living in the same area as the more frequently preserved species.

The only Pachy skull I have seen in place (the wonderful specimen found by
Roger Stephenson and now at the U. of Illinois) was located in a K age
stream bed along with considerable cobbles and sand (and almost no other
dinosaur material).  Around this stream bed, hadrosaur and triceratops
material was relatively plentiful, but there was no other trace of
Pachycephalosaur.

Mark
----
DEVIL'S TOWER sampler at http://www.inlink.com/~range