Re: Lost World physics (SPOILER)

On Wed, 28 May 1997 21:33:23 -0700 jrhutch@socrates.berkeley.edu (John R.
Hutchinson) writes:
>3) Can a _Triceratops_, even at "ramming speed," (whatever that was)
>knock
>a flaming jeep several score feet into the air? And survive the impact
>without massive cerebral hemorrhaging? Uh huh.
>
>4) If a ?6 ton fleshy _T. rex_ head butts/body checks a ?20 ton metal
>bus
>at a slow jog, which one gives? I think a _T. rex_ would at least be
>bruised, even if it was still wacked up on goofball. The bus just
>crumpled
>like a Coke can.

Also, how many panes of glass does it take for a raptor to break before
we see any dinosaur blood?  No blood from any of the darts, either!
Maybe Speilberg was just trying to avoid another 50 messages being posted
to this list about whether dinosaurs bleed red!  Tough skinned little
mothers, aren't they? ;-)

Judy Molnar
vlmed@juno.com
jamolnar@juno.com