Re: SPOILER Lost World errors

On Tue, 27 May 1997 22:23:55 +0000 dunn1@IDT.NET writes:

>> From:          brucet@mindspring.com (bruce thompson)
>
>>         At the ending "peacable kingdom" scene, the stego family
>saunters
>> right past the T-rex family.  No, so far as movie plotting goes, we
>no
>> longer live in the age of verisimilitude.
>
>I think this *is* verisimilitude!  How often have you watched African
>animal documentaries in which lions saunter straight through a herd
>of animals without so much as a twitch from the herd?  I myself have
>seven times.

It's common for herd animals to "ignore" lions that are sauntering out in
the open.  The herding animals know that the lions are not "on the hunt."
 The herd keep an eye on where the lions are, but are not nervous unless
the lions hide.

In this case, the stegos {if they know what a rex is, and after 4 years
with them around I'll just bet they do!} wouldn't be very nervous with
rexes out in the open.  But they are keeping an eye on them and the
little rex, in case their little one becomes a target.

Judy Molnar
vlmed@juno.com
jamolnar@juno.com