[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]

Re: Help! Squirty bottle needed!

Don't know what the dino guys use, but I use small pastic bottles with a 
hard plastic straw coming out of a screw top on Oligocene whales and 
turtles I recover from deposits here in South Carolina. I get them from 
SC Biological Supply company Catalogs and fill them with something that's 
acidic and will evaporate fast ( acetone ), sometimes white vinager, some 
times water, and sometimes butvar thinned with acetone as a hardener.I 
don't have one in hand ( all boxed ), but they are common to any high 
school or college science lab and ( if they are what you are looking for 
) any school lab could give you one.Hope I've been of some help.


Stephen Faust                   smfaust@edisto.cofc.edu

On Fri, 30 May 1997, kmh wrote:

> Okay, I'm doing some research and leg work for a fairly well known
> publisher...helping put together the tools of paleo.  But I need the
> little squirty bottle of stuff you guys use on the bones as you dig them
> out ("squirty bottle of stuff..."  What an intelligent girl writer I am
> this morning).  I do know the name, it's in my notes somewhere, but I
> was up til 3:00am last night (this morning) on a deadline, so don't
> expect sterling prose from me today. 
> Even so, can anyone help me?  QUICK?  I just need an old bottle for a
> display.  If you can mail me one, let me know and I'll send you my
> address and reimburse you for all expenses. 
> Thanks in advance.
> *kel