Re: CONGO???? UGH!

----------
> From: Jane P. Davidson <jdhexen@unr.edu>

> No,  its not Congo;  its King Kong..  my 2 cents... Jane D.

Actually, the San Diego sequence is a very faithful homage to another
monster movie -- GORGO.

Everything, from the arena, to the mom-monster following the child through
the city -- is taken from that film.  (With, of course, the exception of
the opening homage to Dracula and the scrap of Godzilla tossed in).

I was quite surprised at the S.D. sequence.  It didn't seem to fit in tone
or style with the rest of the film, and while I enjoyed the extra look at
the T.rex, it lessened the film, imho.

Mark
----
DEVIL'S TOWER sampler at http://www.inlink.com/~range