Is NEMESIS a dead theory?

Dear Folks, I am new here.

I gather this platform is a suitable place to ask for an expert
opinion of whether the Nemesis -theory as advanced by Richard Muller,
Luis Alvarez et al should nowadays be regarded as a *fossil* curiosity,
that was shown to be either wrong or far-fetched or anything like that.

I dont wish to flood this channel with my question, but I would very
much appreciate if whom-ever-my-question-concerns would write to my
direct address at least few lines on the matter: whether you agree or
disagree and the arguments as WHY you have taken the side you take?

My address is: jmpekkol@cc.helsinki.fi

I am making a long science article on the subject. The first person
I interviewed was Richard Muller and his stuff PRO-their theory seemed
to me unexpectedly good. It seems that the orbit they put forward in
Nature is far from being shown unreliable (the same statement he makes
with Dauber in one of their books - "the Three big bangs" seems still
to be valid: the Nemesis orbit would still have 1 billion years of life-
time) but I would be very curious and grateful to know whether in this
expert forum there are scholars who either disagree or agree with
Berkeley group. They expect to have a new telescope working in 1998
to be able to continue the eliminating of candidate stars. Meanwhile
Hipparchos satellite is eliminating some for them.

Here´s shortly how I understand their theory (in case somebody wants me to
define first what exactly I am saying): Our solar system may well be a
binary star system with a yet unfound red dwarf circling in a long
distance from the Sun. Once in some 26-30 million years the Nemesis
disturbs comets and/or asteroids to kill off significant numbers of
species on Earth (like dinosaurs) mainly by 1-5 comet/asteroid
strikes to Earth due to period of about 1 million years of much enhanced
asteroid/comet activity in the inner parts of the solar system.

Now do you agree or disagree and why?

Best regards, Marko