Re: Sequoias and t rex

smoore@scuacc.scu.edu wrote:

> If the Sequoia is the size to support a dinosaur rearing up it, then it
> would not be bendable under its weight.

        The trunk itself may not be bendable, but most forest trees
have fairly shallow roots to take advantage of what little nutriants
are about (usually in the top foot or so of soil). If something as
heavy as a sauropod leaned against a large tree then the roots may
have given way, or perhaps only partly so, resulting in a tree that
slopes off at an angle. This is all just theory mind you, and not
mine personally, but I can see where it is coming from.
        Dann Pigdon
        Melbourne, Australia

        Dinosaur Reconstructions:
        Australian Dinosaurs: