Sequoias

What I mean is simply that mature Sequoias do not ordinarily bend.
Their bark is very thick and impliable.  Yes, they can be knocked over and
and may fall, they may even sway some, I suppose. Very young Sequoia may bend
because they are still pliable enough.

   Think of a very large person in a very restricting corset. If
impacted by a very large object, they are not very likely to bend but
rather lose their footing and fall.

                                        S. Moore
                                        Sta. Clara, Calif.