Re: Stegosaur questions

Speaking of stegosaur questions, a paelontologist (who shall remain
nameless because I don't want to put words in someone's mouth without their
knowledge) once told me he wanted to be the first (or among the first) to
mount a Stegosaurus in the "new" pose; i.e. with the tail sticking straight
out from the hips (a la Czerkas, Paul et al).  But he claimed that the
caudals just wouldn't fit together that way, and that the natural
articulation was sloped gently downward as in more traditional restorations
(not dragging on the ground of course, but sloping slightly down).  Any
info thoughts on the tail angle?  Is there substantial evcidence in the
bones to lift the tail up as some do?