Re: Velociraptor

I you might thinking of "Utahraptor ostrommysorum" from Utah.

Kirkland, J.I., Burge, D. and Gaston, R., 1993. A large Dromaeosaur
(Theropoda) from Lower Cretaceous of Eastern Utah: Hunteria, Vol. 2, No.
10, p.16.

Burge, 1996. Shows this sucker in access of 2.5 meters.

Burge, D. 1996. New Dinosaur discoveries in lower Cretaceous of
Southeastern Utah in eds. Boaz, D. et al, Fossils of Arizona Vol. 4
Proceeding of Southwest Paleontological Society and Mesa Southwest Museum.
Mesa, AZ. p85-105.

At first they were going to Call it "Utahraptor spielbergi" ( I have a 1993
tee shirt from Utah Friends of Paleontology that has this label.) But
Spielberg's lawyers squashed that idea (Bakker 96, conversation at Dinofest
1996)

Buck Tegowski