Re: Velociraptor

There is a general confusion about the HEIGHT of an animal and the LENGTH of an
animal.

LENGTH goes from tip of nose to tip of tail.

HEIGHT goes from the ground to the highest point of the animal which could be
either the top of head or the shoulder depending on how the animal stood up.
Clearly, some animals would have held their heads up high (the way an ostrich
would today) and others would hold them out in front more... and all of this is
only based on educated guesses anyway.

Hope that helps.

ES

--
AOL IM Pager - DinoEditor
ichat PAGER - dinogazette

Central
http://www.dinosaur.org
Encyclopedia Brittanica Internet Guide, Yahoo Editor's Choice, Science Site of
the Day, Member of The Paleo Ring

Teefr - A new fantasy-adventure story for the whole family by Edward Summer
http://www.dinosaur.org/teefr.html

Laser Publishing Group, Planetarium Station, Box 502-DIG, NY, NY 10024-0502